Well 2020, its been a blast! And I mean that….
I’ve fit so much in, done so much and tried to be positive the whole time. I believe this has been the reason I have come out of this unscathed and positive. Some of the good times from this year have been:
- I went to Bournemouth to a sober group meeting up and it was amazing, meeting friends for life
- Run a Nurses hands campaign providing pampering to many nurses in the Northern Care Alliance.
- We managed to keep our running club going for a fair chunk of the pandemic, inspiring people to exercise throughout and still having people graduate with us following the C25K program.
- Clothes swap and an ultra-challenge (50km) in Bury raising £2,000 for charity
- Became a mental health first aider
- Completed the Yorkshire 3 peaks & Snowdon (not on the same day)
- Completed numerous Virtual ultra-challenges including Race to the Stones, lands’ end to john o groats, Jurassic coast and walk to the North Pole.
- I celebrated 2 years sober, then more recently 800 days!
- I made my plan for writing my book (but I know in reality this might take 2 years)
- I have been accepted to university for my degree which starts in January
- I bought my shiny new car, with my own pennies after paying lots of debt off
- I learned (I use this term loosely) to paddleboard
- I survived a pandemic whilst keeping a positive mind-set
- I found my love of reading
- I lost 2 stone
- I made a whole host of wonderful new friends
- I was shortlisted in the final for inspired women awards
- I started a hiking group with 6 people in January and now have almost 200 members 🙈they don’t all attend at once!
It really has been a year that I have a lot to be grateful for.
Happy new year everyone and I hope next year is a positive & healthy year for you.
Thanks for the support, friendships and company this year.